Khakiweed - Hierba del Pollo - Creeping Chaffweed
Search This Site
Type in Ailment or Herb
- Prostrate annual or perennial from a thick tap root.
- Stems hairy.
- Leaves opposite, broadest at the rounded tip, tapering to the petiole.
- Leaf margins smooth. Flowers white, in stiff-bracted, almost spiny, heads.
- Heads sessile, solitary or two or three clustered at the nodes.
- Reproduces by seed.
- Found in turf, pastures and along roadsides in sandy soils.
- Occurs in Florida, Georgia, Alabama and Texas.
- Also found in Cuba, Jamaica, eastern Mexico, Java, India,
Kenya, South Africa and Australia.
- Native to South America.
Khakiweed (Hierba del Pollo) Link
Properties in Hierba del Pollo Used by Aztecs
- Stops hemorrhage,
- nasal, dental,
- hemorrhage outside the menstrual period,
- after birthing or hemorrhage due to an abortion
- also in renal or intestinal tuberculosis
Aztec Method of Use
- For local hemorrhage,such as cuts or deep abrasions:
Apply the leaves on the cut or for a much more stronger remedy boil the leaves first than
apply once they are cool to the touch.
To stop internal hemorrhage: Boil 100 grams of leaves to 1
liter of water then drink 1 cup every 2 to 3 hours.
For menstrual hemorrhage or hemorrhage outside the menstrual period, after
birthing or hemorrhage due to an abortion: Take the same mixture as
above also douche with the mixture and apply a non irritating antiseptic to the
vaginal area, (Must be lukewarm to the touch).
For Dental Hemorrhage: Apply leaves directly on the gums.
For Intestinal and renal tuberculosis: Drink the same mixture
as above 3 times a day after meals.
Herb and Remedy Vendors
More Remedies Here
This presentation is not a guide to the identification of plants or their use
as a substitute for standard medical treatments.
Many plants with medicinal properties are also toxic and frequently
if taken at incorrect dosages or if not prepared in a specific fashion.
We do not advocate the consumption of reputed medicinal plant products
without prior consultation with your physicianor other natural plant products professional.
Consult Your Physician Before Using a Herbal Remedy!
Only Counter Below